Floretina 2019 will cover the main topics in both surgical and medical retina following the rule ”Separate in the morning, lunch with sponsors and together in the afternoon”
MEDICAL RETINA SPECIFIC INTEREST
ROOM VERDE – Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning
• RETINAL DYSTROPHIES: UPDATE ON DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
• INFLAMMATORY AND INFECTIOUS POSTERIOR UVEITIS: MISDIAGNOSIS AND THERAPEUTIC MISTAKES
• CHALLENGING CASES IN MACULAR DISEASES
• ANGIO-OCT IN MULTIMODAL IMAGING
SURGICAL RETINA SPECIFIC INTEREST
AUDITORIUM – Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning
• LIVE SURGERY
• BASIC AND ADVANCED VITREORETINAL COURSES
MAIN TOPICS WITH ARGUMENTS OF GENERAL INTEREST
AUDITORIUM – Thursday, Friday and Saturday afternoon
• DIABETIC MACULAR EDEMA
Prevention of diabetic retinopathy is now well known as a necessary condition but it will not change the increasing burden of visual impairment from macular edema
– Anti-VEGF and sustained release corticosteroids: correct strategies for best results.
– Combined therapies and systemic drugs with new comers will help us.
– Minimally invasive surgery can be an option?
– New lasers
• VASCULAR RETINAL DISEASES
• PEDIATRIC RETINA
• NEW TRENDS IN RETINAL DETACHMENT MANAGEMENTS
– Multiple observations have underlined the role of episcleral surgery in phakic patients: is it still true in the era of 27G?
– PVR staining is now a routine procedure in complex cases and ROSO. Endotamponades are essential tools, and new heavy liquids are facing the market.
• MACULAR SURGICAL DISEASES: NEW DIAGNOSTIC PROGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC TOOLS
New minimally invasive techniques, association with drugs and new diagnostic tools are refining our surgery. The expert panel will debate personal experience and standard of treatment in macular surgical diseases.
• MYOPIC MACULOPATHY: MEDICAL AND SURGICAL TREATMENTS
Myopia will be a major problem for health care systems in the future as the prevalence is increasing worldwide. Neovascular and atrophic changes as well as traction maculopathy with foveoschisis are partially treatable thanks to new drugs and surgery.
• DRY AMD
A debate is ongoing on the role of antioxidants and compounding evidence show the significance of genetic testing.
– Filters and IOLs
– New Drugs and laser
• WET AMD
– Trials and drugs face to face. Dosingregimen, HTA evaluations
– Intravitrealinjectiontechnique: preventing complications
– Choosing and switching therapies
– A correct diagnosis is still important? Do we choose always the correct therapy?
– New drugs
• RETINAL PROSTESIS, STEM CELLS AND GENETIC THERAPY
– Retina: Innovations/research/new tech
– Machines and Instruments
– Submacular surgery
– Adaptive optics
– Intraoperative OCT
– New OCTs and choroidal images
– New wave lengths to explore retinal layers
– OCT angiography